Skiing Sports Therapy Massage
This year, at our Aravis Lodge for La Clusaz and Grand Bornand*, we can once again offer you in-house massage from our therapist Sandi who will be available most afternoons after skiing to ease your aching bodies back to normality.
Sandi qualified in Remedial Massage at The Northern Institute of Massage in the UK. As a keen skiier she recognised the benefits of using Remedial Massage techniques to improve and extend skiing performance.
She has introduced these techniques into her treatments for skiers to relax them after a hard day on the slopes and prepare them for the next one! So why not treat yourself and make the most of your time at the Aravis Lodge?
All prices and treatments on this page are confirmed for the 2012 – 2013 season.
- Full Ski Massage – 1 hour: After sports, overworked muscles need stretching and massaging to release knots and tension and loosen muscle fibres. The ski massage concentrates on the shoulders, back, legs and feet using techniques to help relax and release those tight and aching areas after a full day on the slopes.
- Quick Ski Fix – 30 minutes: As above, but with emphasis on either the back and shoulders or legs and feet.
- Full Body Remedial Relaxation Massage – 1 hour: This massage is designed to relax your over-stressed body, relieve muscle tensions, improve circulation and lymph drainage and generally make you feel good. It can be adapted to concentrate on areas you feel need special attention to provide an individual treatment.
- Remedial Relaxation Massage – 30 minutes: As above, with emphasis on the areas of most muscle tension (usually neck and shoulders).
- Thai Foot Massage – 40 minutes: Thai foot massage is a massage of the lower legs and feet that involves hands-on stretching and massage with the use of a stick to stimulate reflex points on the feet which correspond to the internal organs of the body. Benefits include improved circulation and toxin removal, reduced stiffness, increased flexibility and stress relief.
- Indian Head Massage – 40 minutes: This very relaxing treatment involves massage to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, face and scalp. It is done in a seated position and is especially beneficial for reducing tension caused by stress.
Prices and Booking
Massages will cost 30 euros for a half hour massage, 40 euros for 40 minutes and 55 euros for an hour.
Pre-book your massage at the lodge 24 hours in advance. Appointments can be made for between 1600 and 1800 in the afternoon. All massages will be payable in euros directly to Sandi at the Lodge.
*Currently unavailable in Samoens