With this being our own home base, we have much more flexibility as to what we can offer our guests over and above that which many other accommodation providers can, which we think is a fantastic advantage for our guests who stay at the Lodge:
- A hot meal is provided on your first evening, regardless of what time you arrive, or if your flight is delayed;
- We keep our onsite ski hire suite open at night until the last guest has been fitted out, again regardless of what time you arrive, so you’re all ready to go the following morning;
- You can keep your room until 16:00 on your final day, allowing you to shower and change before your departure if you wish;
- We have our own fleet of vehicles and friendly drivers for your airport transfers, slopes transfers and evening entertainments;
- We drop you off at the foot of the slopes first thing in the morning and pick you up again in the afternoon, so no need to use the public ski bus, unless you want to.
- We serve restaurant-level cuisine using fresh local produce where possible, prepared by our in-house professional chef team, and red/white wine is included with your 3-course evening meal;
- We are certified by the Vegetarian Society for both vegetarians and vegans, and can cater for most dietary requirements (including for breakfast and afternoon tea) if you let us know in advance;
- Afternoon tea with tasty home-made cakes and cookies, freshly baked artisan bread and a range of spreads greets our guests after each day on the piste, plus access to free tea and coffee facilities at all other times of the day and evening.
Sociable and Friendly Environment
- The Aravis Lodge offers the sociability and fun of a catered chalet, but the space and facilities of a hotel, giving you the best of both worlds;
- English satellite television in the TV lounge and comfortable bar (so no need to miss a 6 Nations match whilst away on your holidays!);
- Guinness on tap in our fully-stocked and reasonably priced bar;
- Complimentary (and totally optional) evening entertainments including sledging, snow-shoe walking with mulled wine included for the adults, plus a trip to La Clusaz, to get a feel for this buzzy resort at night;
- Being based in the Aravis region ourselves, this is our playground, so we have a strong local knowledge and will happily share it with you;
- Our helpful team are always there to help you to plan where to ski, have lunch and so on, especially beneficial if you’re a beginner or new to the Aravis.
Excellent Standard of Personal Service
- We have an English-speaking team both in the office and onsite, and the hotel is exclusively for Ski Weekender guests;
- We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service from your first inquiry to the moment we drop you off back at the airport, with a view to making everything as hassle-free and enjoyable from start to finish;
- We take great care with who we recruit to be on our team, and provide comprehensive in-house training, to ensure our guests have a consistent experience year after year (we have many, many returning guests, so we must be doing something right!);
Guests who have been coming to the Aravis Lodge for years regularly tell us that it feels like their second home and it’s like coming to see family – they slip off their shoes, put on their slippers and make themselves right at home.
That’s how we like to think of our returning guests too, and we look forward to welcoming you to the full Ski Weekender experience as well.
However, don’t just take our word for it.
To read some of the great feedback our guests have kindly left after their most recent stay at the Aravis Lodge, do check out our Trip Advisor reviews for yourself and we hope to see you soon!