Responsible Travel – Our Policy Statement
Ski Weekender (Karibuni Ltd.) operates in many stunning natural environments and we all have a long term interest in preserving and protecting these.
Right from the very outset of the business we have strived to minimise any adverse impact on the environment as well as helping educate people into how they can play their part in protecting our precious natural resources.
It’s not just a hollow statement, but a way of life and a belief that everyone can do their bit. However small – it all helps! Wherever possible we try to educate and inform our customers and instil a respect for the environments in which we operate.
We demonstrate this belief through :
– Educating all of our team in their role and responsibility to minimise the impact of any holiday we operate.
– Ensuring we are seen to be operating best-practise wherever possible – pick up litter, avoid making waste, re-use shopping bags, recycle all rubbish where possible.
– Partnering with smaller-scale locally-owned / family-run accommodation
– Minimising plastic waste wherever possible
– Careful management of all energy and water resources
– Offering experiences which promote cross-cultural understanding and exchange
– Recycling all paper, cardboard, tins, plastic bottles and glass at the local facilities.
– At our home base the Aravis Lodge – composting all vegetable matter during the summer.
– Recycling all printer cartridges, batteries and office consumables.
– Operating as much as possible as a paperless office – with nearly all communication carried out by email, brochures replaced by websites etc.
– Looking to improve our energy efficiency at every opportunity: we have improved the insulation on our new chalet , chosen new heating systems for their fuel efficiency and we have installed solar panels for all the hot water needs of our Chalet Aravis.
– Using only free range eggs and attempting to source our food from suppliers who can verify their farming practices. Use local suppliers for our fresh fruit & vegetables.
– Servicing our vehicles regularly and driving them in a manner to ensure maximum fuel efficiency.
We would love to hear from you with any thoughts or comments on how you may think we can operate in a more socially, environmentally, culturally aware manner – please email us on [email protected]