Work for Us – Office
Here you will find information about permanent and seasonal positions available in our UK sales and reservations office. For details of how to apply, please read on!
Offering fully catered ski holidays in the resorts of Le Grand Bornand/ La Clusaz in the Aravis and other resorts in the in the Northern French Alps, our short breaks include everything our guests need to enjoy a hassle-free ski holiday, including lift pass, airport transfer, on-site ski hire and exceptional service from our ski team. With over 15 years in the ski business, our levels of returning guests are very high, showing that we and our team must be doing something right from the very first moment someone gets in contact with us!
We pride ourselves on our very high level of personal service and consequently our guests say time and again that they love our ‘can do’ attitude as well as the skiing. The majority of our guests comment on the great service they have received from start to finish – confirming that our ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude is crucial to our customer service approach.
In order that this trend continues we are looking to recruit the very best team members for our sales and reservations office, as they are the first point of contact for everyone with our company, and as such sets up expectations from day one.
The package we offer
All our staff need to be efficient, flexible and conscientious in their approach to work. To get the most out of your role you’ll need to be prepared to work hard, be enthusiastic and love working with people.
Working in the travel industry can require long and sometimes less sociable hours during peak periods, but that is balanced by a more flexible and relaxed atmosphere for the rest of the year.
All of our staff are offered a good benefits package including: a competitive monthly salary, pension, free reconnaissance trips to the French Alps to visit our own hotel and those of our partners in other resorts, discounted ski, cycling and walking holidays outside of peak season.
A bit about you
In return we expect loyal, professional and friendly staff, who are great embassadors of our brands and who care about our guests’ experience from the moment they get in touch.
To work for us you must be dedicated to doing a good job, work well independently as well as part of a small team, have experience in the job you are applying for and be prepared to go the extra mile when called for.
Roles on offer for October/November 2019
Sales and Reservations Executive – P/T fixed term contract to end March 2020
To start as soon as possible
We are a specialist UK Tour Operator based in Byfield (near Banbury / Daventry / Leamington) who provide activity holidays in the French Alps under the brands of Ski Weekender, Bike Weekender and Walk Weekender.
We are looking for an active, outdoor-lover with sales and/or customer services experience to join our small and friendly team.
We pride ourselves on the high level of personal service we offer to our customers across their whole experience with us – starting from their very first initial contact with us, to their departure and beyond.
Initially this will be dealing with customer enquiries and endeavouring to convert them to bookings – ensuring they experience a high level of personal service, that you propose the right options for their requirements and try to “make the sale”.
To grow the business we are looking to generate a (responsible) ‘sales’ culture to follow up and maximise the potential of every customer contact.
You will be engaged with answering questions and assisting guests effectively and efficiently with their pre-trip administration, and will need to demonstrate a care and attention to detail for all elements of their booking management.
The financial element of the role is key – ensuring all guest payments are correctly recorded, reported and managed with a robust and regular reporting and accounting process, so a high level of accuracy is vital.
You will also be managing the availability and liaising with our accommodation partners to ensure that we are maximising these relationships to create opportunities for business.
As a dynamic, developing business we are constantly looking for ways to grow and improve – your input into such product and systems improvements will be invaluable – and an analytical and questioning mind will help us drive improvements.
As an organisation, we love doing a good job with our operational delivery and providing an excellent service. Our success is built upon being highly organised and efficient, having good people and a flexible “can do” culture.
Sales and Marketing work closely to create leads and contacts, and then to convert them as effectively as possible. You will have a role to enhance and support our marketing efforts – from website content, to customer information to feedback and product development, as well as meeting our customers at shows, events etc.
• Handling incoming emails, calls and online bookings
• Responding to customer correspondence – timely and professionally
• Assist customer in choosing and booking holidays
• Use systems to make reservations, administer bookings/queries, make amendments, process payments etc.
• Liaising with accommodation partners
• Effective and close co-working with Sales and Marketing Manager
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with the operations team, hotel partners and suppliers, all based in France
•• Developing a detailed knowledge of the full range of trips – summer and winter
• Building an awareness of brand values and objectives
• Providing accurate and timely reporting
Essential Skills and Attributes:
• Competent in sales and customer service
• Effective at selling over the telephone & by email
• Enjoying the challenge of a sales conversion – and thrill of closing a sale
• Caring about the customer’s experience, both at the inquiry/booking stage and also about their overall holiday experience – customer-focused
• Ability to work independently, autonomously and be self-motivated/driven
• Being a strong advocate for the company/brand
• At ease working with numbers to work out accurate pricing, reporting, analysis
• Motivated by achieving personal targets and pursuing sales proactively
• A mature, professional attitude at all times
• High level of accuracy and keen attention to detail (including error spotting)
• Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and take on new responsibilities
• Being able to see the big picture and consider/anticipate wider implications
• Good time management, including a willingness to be flexible around time/hours etc
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Capacity to co-ordinate and prioritise multiple tasks
• Work calmly under pressure
• Highly computer literate, both in terms of MS Office tools and other systems
• Comfortable learning new computer systems
• Highly motivated, positive in attitude and committed to business growth
• Adaptable in approach, embraces change positively and is flexible around the needs of a business
• Desire to develop product knowledge of Bike / Walk / Ski Weekender
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience:
• A basic grasp of the French language, both written and spoken
• Experience in a sales and/or customer services environment
• Experience in the travel (or tourism/hospitality) industry
This is a part-time, fixed-term contract until the end of May 2020, starting as soon as possible.
This will be a UK-based contract, so a UK National Insurance Number and address is required, along with the legal right to live/work in the UK.
Exact working hours are to be confirmed, but will require a degree of flexibility during peak periods.
There will be an opportunity to visit the office/resorts in France, as well as to benefit from discounted holidays outside of peak season.
The salary is in the region of £8.50 – £10 per hour, subject to experience.
How to Apply to Work for Ski Weekender
In order for us to deal with your application please send us the details requested below.
If we don’t receive all the below we won’t be able to consider your application.
We will be interviewing in the UK mid to late October, so please apply in good time to be considered for this interview date.
For all Applications, please send us the following…
A Covering Letter
Explaining why you want to work for us, what you can bring to the job and why you think you are a good candidate for our role.
An up-to-date CV
Showing the full extent of your experience. Please include all relevant work, training, travel, interests etc.
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We receive many applications and are unfortunately unable to reply to them all. If we are interested in taking your application further we will be in touch by email in the first instance to arrange a phone chat. Following that we will arrange an interview date in the UK if your application is successful. We normally get back in touch with potential candidates within a week of receiving your application.
If you would like a brief insight to the area where our hotel is located, along with the stunning scenery and skiing nearby, check out the team version of our video below.
Created by Nicholas List, ski tech / maintenance for Ski Weekender 2018 – 19.