Chalet Caroline Catered Ski Chalet
A cosy catered ski chalet in the stunning surroundings of Samoens
Warm, welcoming ski chalet run by professional chef Caroline, famed for her great food and attention to detail.
Ideally located for the 2 direct lifts linking you into the vast Grand Massif ski area. An excellent set up and facilities for short ski breaks.
Chalet at a glance
[monoslideshow id='3' w=600 h=450 preset='sparkles']
Chalet Caroline is a classic ski chalet, nestled in its own private garden, just off the road which connects the two main telecabines that take you directly to the heart of the Grand Massif.
It has been owned and run by Caroline since 2004, during which time she has built up a great reputation for outstanding food, welcoming service and attention to detail. For those of you who have stayed at the Aravis Lodge, you will find there are many similarities, only on a smaller scale.
The chalet sleeps 12 guests in 6 comfortable, clean and well sized ensuite bedrooms. The beds can be made into twins or doubles, and are covered with fluffy duvets and pillows. The bathrooms are modern and well equipped.
On the first floor you will find the lounge and dining room, surrounded by a spacious balcony and big picture windows. The lounge is filled with comfy sofas set around the fireplace, and there is a large music collection for you to use. At the other end of the room is the dining table -comfortably seating 12 people – long sociable meals are the norm here! There is a separate TV room with leather sofas, books, Sky Tv and a DVD player.
On the ground floor you will find a modern Sauna available for use, and a small gym with weights and cardio machines.
Caroline is a professional chef renowned for her great food and service.
All food is handmade from fresh ingredients, including the afternoon cakes!
Allergies and dietary requirements are all happily catered for too, including vegetarian, vegan and coeliac diets. This has been recognised on the website VeggieSnow.
‘Caroline is a first class chef and the food was exceptional. ‘ Trip Advisor review March 2011
Typical Daily Menu
- Breakfast – porridge, cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruit, hot cooked option typically eggs. Fresh bread, jams, honey, marmalade and chocolate spread.
- Afternoon tea – homemade cake, fresh bread and spreads.
- Dinner – a delicious 3 course evening meal with local red and white wine.
- Starter – apple and cider salad masked with warm melted Camembert dressing.
- Main – roast loin of pork filled with an apricot stuffing, coated in a light, creamy peach sauce. Pommes duchesses seasoned with nutmeg. French beans, cooked al dente, with garlic and mushrooms. Cauliflower, simply sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Dessert – fallen chocolate soufflé with Armagnac prunes and crème fraîche sauce. Freshly brewed coffee.
The chalet is located in the hamlet of Petit Saix, 1 minutes drive from the ski lifts, and 5 minutes to the centre of Samoens.
There are regular, free ski buses that stop outside the chalet. We also provide minibus shuttles to and from the slopes and into town in the evenings.
The blue pin denotes location of chalet in relation to resorts. Click icons for details. You can zoom using + and – arrows, or your mouse wheel
Chalet Ski Packages
Chalet Caroline is our main base for short ski holidays and weeklong ski breaks in Samoens.
Click on the links below for details.
Thursday to Monday
Monday to Thursday
Monday or Thursday changeover