Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Adequate travel insurance is important for any holiday, but particularly so for those involving skiing, snowboarding and winter sports.
As a condition of booking all Ski Weekender customers must have adequate medical and repatriation insurance, and have checked that this covers them for winter sports cover. If you are in any doubt please check with your insurer. We also strongly recommend that you have cancellation and baggage cover. Please remember that your policy must cover your entire stay including both your day of arrival and departure. Please ensure you bring all necessary policies and documents with you. Ski Weekender offers insurance as an optional supplement to your basic holiday package price. We offer this policy at the following rates:
- for trips of up to 5 days – £20 per person
- for trips of up to 8 days – £25 per person
- to upgrade to a policy with no excesses add £15 per person to these rates
- for families (2 adults and up to 6 kids under 18yrs) the rate is doubled
- for adults aged 60 – 65 years the rate is 1.25 x those outlined
This policy has been chosen by Ski Weekender for providing good value and for meeting our medical, repatriation and winter sports requirements. Summary details of the policy cover, excesses and terms and conditions can be found below.
- This policy is available for adults up to the age of 65 years who are resident in the UK and Republic of Ireland and are registered with a medical practitioner in that country.
- The policy does have conditions attached to it regarding pre-existing medical conditions of either your or any holiday dependant relatives or companions. Details of this are provided within the full policy wording and, if relevant to you, will require a referral to the insurers.
- Failure to disclose relevant information and material facts can result in your insurance policy being invalid.
- Wherever you choose to buy insurance from, please read the policy details thoroughly before deciding whether it is suitable for your personal requirements. Other policies available elsewhere may offer higher levels of cover.
|SUMMARY OF COVER||LIMIT||EXCESS|
|Cancellation and Curtailment||£1,000||£95|
|Hospital Benefit (per day)||£300 (£10)||Nil|
|Maximum payable in the event of death||£5,000|
|Travel Delay (a/b/c as defined in wording)||£20/£10/£100||Nil|
|Maximum per item, pair or set||£200|
|Total limit for all Valuables||£200|
|Max per item, pair or set owned or borrowed||£200|
|Max per item, pair or set hired||£150|
|Piste Closure (per day)||£100 (£10)||Nil|
The Legal Small Print
Karibuni Ltd (Ski Weekender) are Appointed Representatives of Gold Cover Insurance Services Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Their FSA Register number is 304018. Our permitted business is to sell and administer general insurance. This policy is provided through Gold Cover Insurance Services Ltd. (Registered Office: 146 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0AW) with UK Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited, Registered in England No.354568. Registered Office: Ageas House, Tollgate, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA.
Gold Cover Insurance Services Ltd, UK Underwriting Ltd and Ageas Insurance Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. This can be checked on the FSA’s website at www.fsa.gov.uk or by contacting them on 0845 606 1234.
Alternatively – please click here for a document outlining the relationships and disclosure of information relevant to the sale of the travel insurance.